Please apply to present at the CoSN 2020 Annual Conference, to be held on March 16-18, 2020 at the Hilton in Washington, DC! Please review the instructions below carefully prior to submitting your proposal to present. You do not need to be a CoSN member to submit a proposal, but you must be logged-in. When you log-in you will see a "Apply now" button appear. If at any time you require assistance or have a question, please do not hesitate to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting your proposal to present is July 17, 2019
Breakthrough Mindsets: Leading Meaningful Change
We are in a moment of rapid and profound change. Artificial Intelligence and other technologies provide new opportunities for learning and school operations while stretching the expectations of technology leaders. How do we embrace mindsets to lead through this change? How do we move from break/fix operational support to implementing a strategic vision? How can responsible technology leadership shape hearts and minds? CoSN 2020 -- Breakthrough Mindsets: Leading Meaningful Change -- explores transformational technology leadership that positively changes the trajectory of our students and impact learning.
- The application will allow you to submit up to two (2) proposals. Our submission process is very competitive so make sure you’re putting your best ideas forward.
- Please review the PDF to see the application before filling it out. Reviewing the PDF in advance will allow you to organize your thoughts, pre-write your submission, and ensure you don’t leave out important information. COSN_2020_Application_PDF6_3_19.pdf
- All submissions should be educational in nature. The product used may be referenced, but the session should be about the ideas. Sessions that endorse a specific product or service will not be accepted.
- Sponsors at the Platinum, Gold, and Silver level can submit their 30 minute session using this form. We strongly suggest that companies use a customer to talk about their product and service. Only companies that have completed and signed a sponsorship agreement are able to submit proposals at this time. Companies still in the process of negotiating their sponsorship agreement will be able to submit at a later date once the agreement is signed.
- You must fill out information for each speaker that will be part of the presentation.
- If submitting on behalf of the speaker, you will be given opportunity to include your contact information and will receive a copy of all communication sent.
• All applications for being a presenter require you to be a paid registrant for the conference at the discounted speaker rate.
• AV Equipment: CoSN requires all presenters to supply their own computers, laptop or tablets for their session to present. If using an Apple device or tablet, presenters need to provide the appropriate projector connection (dongle). Computer audio for presentations is only included upon request and review.
• Presentation Materials: Part of effective professional development is providing meaningful presentation materials and online resources that allow the participants to further their learning. It is expected that presenters provide electronic presentation materials, handouts and/or follow-up materials for our event participants before, during, or after the event.
• Workshop presenters are expected to develop effective hands on activities to ensure that workshop attendees receive the best possible professional development opportunity.