The Early Career K-12 CTO Academy is a program to address the needs of education technology leaders who are new in their position. Participants will have the opportunity to develop edtech leadership skills, including; managing diverse teams, leading a variety of projects simultaneously, and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders. Academy participants make a positive impact on student-centered and digital learning in their school district and enhance their career trajectory.
This program was developed through public and private sector leaders and district CTOs to address current professional development needs and thought partner support for early-career CTO’s.
CoSN’s Early Career K-12 CTO Academy prepares new technology directors with fewer than four full years of experience to:
- -Lead the creation of a culture of innovation in their school district
- -Build a Professional Learning Network (PLN) of edtech experts and other new CTOs through face-to-face and virtual meetings
- -Understand best practices to build diverse teams that include under-represented populations in the edtech industry including, African Americans, Latin, and Native Americans, Pacific-Islanders, and females.
- -Benefit from the experience of veteran tech and curriculum leaders in the areas of supporting student-centered learning, technology budgeting, technical support strategies, infrastructure, effective strategies for communications, and more
- -Be part of discussions centered around new strategies for meeting the needs of diverse learners
- Improve the soft skills necessary to work effectively with others in the culture-specific to their school district
Program Fee $2,599 for members and $2,999 for non-members.
The program fee will be invoiced upon acceptance. Fees include program, thought partner/mentor, and materials. While the registration fee for the CoSN Conference is complimentary, participants are responsible for travel to the workshop and both travel and lodging for the CoSN Conference.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @CoSN and LinkedIn to stay updated on CoSN events.