CoSN’s Withrow CTO Award recognizes an exceptional district CTO who serves as a true technology champion and whose leadership has been transformative for his school system. The award honors Frank Withrow, a pioneer and champion of K-12 education technology.
Chief Technology Officers (or equivalent) from all types of schools—public, charter, private, parochial, or independent—are eligible for the Withrow CTO Award. Nominees must be CoSN members. CoSN Board members and their institutions are ineligible for CoSN awards.
This year, we are pleased to announce we have partnered with DonorsChoose.org, and they will be awarding the selected winners gift cards to be used on classroom projects. The winning CTO will be awarded a $2,500 DonorsChoose.org gift card
Nominations are due 11/19/2018.
You must answer all the questions in one sitting. Answers are limited to 200 words. See the questions below to plan in advance:
- LEADERSHIP: (200 Words) How has the nominee exhibited exemplary leadership in using information technologies to increase opportunities and accessibility for student learning? (Give examples of the roles and activities employed.)
- COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS: (200 Words) How has the nominee achieved desired changes through the development of relationships with parents, teachers and educational leaders?
- INNOVATION: (200 Words) How does the nominee use technology in innovative ways?
- IMPACT: (200 Words) How has achievement in learning been impacted in the district or agency under the nominee’s leadership? What data exists to validate impact?
- PUBLIC OR PRIVATE SECTOR PARTNERSHIPS: (200 Words) What partnerships and policies have been championed by the nominee to provide connectivity and/or increase learning by students?