You must be logged in to Apply
***Important:*** If you are from Montana or Texas you are not eligible to apply for this award. Our state chapter in your state runs a parallel state awards program. The winner of that state award automatically is considered for the national award. We encourage you to apply for that state award.
CoSN and AASA’s EmpowerED Digital Superintendent of the Year Award recognizes an exceptional district Superintendent who serves as a true empowered leader, leveraging and championing technologies in the classroom and throughout the district to transform their school district.
School district Superintendents of all types of schools—public, charter, private, parochial, or independent—are eligible for the CoSN Empowered Superintendent Award. Applicants should be either a member of CoSN or AASA - The School Superintendents Association.
CoSN Chapters are allowed to submit one nominee from their state for each award. If your chapter submits a nominee, no other submissions from that state will be considered.
Nominations are due 12/3/2021.
You must answer all the questions in one sitting. Answers are limited to 200 words. See the questions below to plan in advance:
- COMMITMENT TO INNOVATION AND SYSTEM WIDE BUY-IN (200 Words) Describe how the nominee has strengthened district leadership from Cabinet and principals to teachers. How does the nominee encourage teachers and principals to innovate? Describe examples of how the nominee leverages technology to enhance communications throughout the organization and community served.
- COMMITMENT TO EQUITY (200 Words) Provide examples of how the nominee successfully promotes and develops rigorous transformative and innovative learning opportunities for students at all levels and the diverse SES levels and ethnicities in the district. What role has education technology played in providing equitable access to learning opportunities and to expanded access to learning opportunities?
- COMMITMENT TO IMPROVED LEARNING (200 Words) Describe the superintendents’ role in transforming pedagogy by fostering compelling learning environments throughout the district. How has the nominee demonstrated they are committed to continued staff learning? Provide examples of how improved learning environments have evolved under the nominee’s leadership.
- MEASURING IMPACT (200 Words) Please describe how the nominee and the district team measures the impact of student progress and agency, particularly using any new assessment tools.
- COMMUNITY LEADER (200 Words) Please describe ways the nominee has given back in service to the larger education community.