The CoSN Community Leadership Award for Digital Equity is open to a school district, consortium of school districts, and education agencies to encourage and recognize those districts that are working to eliminate inequities and narrow the access gap. The winning team will be selected based on its community-building initiatives, innovation inside and outside of the classroom, sizable impact, and partnership development. Nominations are due on 11/19/2018.
This year, we are pleased to announce we have partnered with DonorsChoose.org, and they will be awarding the selected winners gift cards to be used on classroom projects. The winning team will be awarded a $5,000 DonorsChoose.org gift card
You must answer all the questions in one sitting. Answers are limited to 200 words. See the questions below to plan in advance:
- LEADERSHIP: (200 Words) How have the team members provided leadership in delivering information technologies that will increase opportunities and accessibility for all students within the organization?
- BUILDS COMMUNITY: (200 Words) What techniques has the team utilized to build community with parents, teachers and educational leaders to affect change? Describe how the team has communicated and involved the community in achieving the desired changes. What data exists to demonstrate that changes have been made successfully?
- USE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES: (200 Words) How does the team use technology in innovative ways that are based on best practices? How have these activities helped to narrow the so-called “Homework Gap” and provide increased digital equity for all students within the organization?
- IMPACT: (200 Words) How has the work of this team created a major change in the district or agency? What data exists to validate impact?
- PUBLIC OR PRIVATE SECTOR PARTNERSHIPS: (200 Words) What partnerships and policies have been developed by this team to provide connectivity for students? How have these partnerships/policies help to increase equity among learners?