Mike Jamerson has been an active leader in information technology for more than 40 years. Prior to joining Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation (BCSC) as the Director of Technology in 1998, he held a variety of leadership positions in manufacturing, financial, and consulting organizations. BCSC is a K-12 public school district serving over 11,500 students in 19 instructional sites in southeastern Indiana.
His accomplishments over the past seventeen years at BCSC include:
• Overseeing the implementation of a fiber-based Wide Area Network which provides multiple high speed connections and Internet access to every instructional and office space
• Leading the deployment of a ubiquitous wireless environment supporting an active 1:1 and Bring Your Own Device program and online assessment in every instructional building.
• Extensive collaboration with curriculum leaders, facilities personnel, and architects to create 21st century digital learning spaces. These include the Columbus Signature Academy, a K-12 project-based learning program using 1:1 laptops in a project-based learning environment and the ongoing conversion of the district’s 700 classrooms to 21st century learning environments.
• Working closely with BCSC’s instructional team as BCSC became one the first schools in Indiana to move away from traditional textbooks in its secondary Social Studies program to a curriculum based on digital resources.
• Leading initiatives to implement 1:1 Chromebooks in grades 1-8 and 1:1 laptops in grades 9-12 and to implement a district-wide Learning Management System.
Mike has served on Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) Board of Directors since March 2011. He has served as Treasurer and been a member of the Finance and Audit and Executive Committees. He served as the Chair from 2015-2017.
He is one of the founding members of CoSN's Indiana chapter, the Indiana Chief Technology Officer Council where he has served as a Board member, Secretary, and currently serves as Treasurer. He managed all of the activities involved in incorporating the chapter and gaining 501 (c)(3) recognition for the chapter.
Mike’s other board experiences include:
• the Indianapolis chapter of the Association of Computing Machinery where he served as chair.
• the Hoosier Trails Council, Boy Scouts of America where he served for over ten years as Treasurer for 5 years, Vice President of Membership for 2 years, Council Commissioner, and a member of the Executive Search Committee which interviewed and selected the current Chief Scout Executive for the Hoosier Trails Council.
• the Bartholomew Consolidated School Foundation where he served for seven years including a three-year term as its President and as Treasurer.
• the Family Service Agency, a non-profit agency provided counseling and support services to families, where he served as Treasurer.
Mike lives in Columbus, Indiana with his wife, Sally, where he enjoys cooking, hiking, and growing chili peppers.